Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rylie, Rylie, Rylie

That will sum up this post..........it's all about Rylie!
I haven't blogged a lot lately because we have been sooooo busy! The end of school is almost here and there has been lots and lots going on sooooo....here is what's been up with my Ry Ry!

In April they had the 3rd grade musical, they had to dress in a 70's theme so here is my girl with her tie dye shirt and bandana in her hair. She had a small speaking part and did great. I wasn't able to get a great picture of the program though.
 Then at the end of April I went on a field trip with Rylie. We went to the Prairie Nature Center in Lawrence. It was fun to have some time with just my Ry. We had Liadon and Alleigh in our group. We went on a nature walk, got to see some cool animals and then got to go catch bugs. Chet stayed home with the little ones, I must admit this made me a bit nervous. I knew they would be fine and they were, no problems! I just hadn't left Evan with Chet for an entire day yet but I shouldn't of had any doubts........they had a great day!!!

Ry catching bugs, my group of girls, Rylie with fly eyes, & me and my girl!


My favorite was the Owl, can you see where the beaver's have been hard at work on the tree, Yuck....a big hair spider, and an opossum(they are actually kinda cute when not road kill)
  Rylie received the Character Trait award for Acceptance and Tolerance, proud of my girl! She gets practice with acceptance and tolerance with her little sister so the award does fit!!!
 We were so excited to go to School Day at the K, Chet and I had both got tickets so we were gonna spend the day with Rylie at the Royals stadium. Grammy took off work to watch the little ones. Well the night before, guess what??? Rylie came down with pink eye! She was the last to get it, I really thought it was gonna miss her. Big Fat Bummer! Here she is in her Day at the K T-shirt.
 And not only did she get pink eye but she also broke a blood vessel in her eye and it looked like this......

 Two weeks later it is still there but it is almost gone. Rylie was probably the most difficult to give eye drops to, she really did try to cooperate but kept moving everytime I was trying to put the drops in but we survived that. I got a note shortly after the pink eye stuff that head lice was at the school.........Thank Goodness we managed to avoid that one (knocking on wood)!!! Oh and it ended up cold and rainy during school day at the K so I hear we did not miss a good time, hopefully next year it will all work out for us to go and it will be a nice day.

Tuesday I went up to the school with my crew in tow for bug presentations and 3rd grade awards, I had my good camera but left my SD card in the computer so I had to use the camera on my phone (better than nothing).

Rylie, Emily, and Isabelle did a presentation on the Indian Moon Moth and they did an awesome job!
Rylie's playdoh moon moth, giving her presentation and Ry, Emily and Isabelle!
 And here are the awards she got......one for meeting all 4 quarters of her AR reading goal, KU reading award, one for putting an extra time and effort with the math academy and the one each for excelling on her math and reading state assessments. We are super proud of her, she works hard and does so well in school. Keep up the good work Rylie......you can do anything you set your mind to!!!
So this is a lot of what we have been up to, Owen has kept us pretty busy as well but we have Kindergarten graduation on Monday and then I will be sharing all that we have been up to with him. Along with Katelin's birthday party and a few other things. Hard to believe summer break is only 5 days away....too bad this cold weather is hanging around.

No comments:

Blog Archive