Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

So a lot of people have been on FB posting something they are thankful for each day....I thought about doing it but I did not so........I decided I would post on here things that I am thankful for, these aren't in any particular order but here are 25 things.....1 for each day of November leading up to Thanksgiving.

1. My 4 incredible, beautiful healthy children....I was the kid who spent my entire childhood dreaming of the day I would be a mommy and I always wanted lots of kiddos and I have been blessed 4 times over and it's more incredible than I had ever imagined.

2. My husband....I am truly married to my best friend, the most wonderful, big hearted man I have ever known. He brings so much laughter and love into my life and I am forever greatful for him.

3. My mom....she is always there for me no matter what and has given up so much to do for her kids. I am very lucky to not only call her my mom but to also call her my friend!

4. Matthew, Cheston and Jakee....I wish we saw them more and I wish I had been a better stepmom when they lived with us. I'm greatful when we do get to see them and that the kids have older siblings to look up to.

5. Our home....our dream was to live in the country and while it is not my "dream home" it has been a great home and a great place to live. We have 4 acres for our kids to play and explore. A dead end gravel road with very little traffic and  a warm and safe roof over our heads. I will truly miss it when we move on from here.

6. My kids school...I love our school district and the people in it. Coming from another school district that was not so great, I so appreciate all that they do for our kids.

7. Olathe Tree Service...Chet leaving his greedy boss he worked for for 19 years and embarking on our own business was the best move we could have ever made. Definitely some growing pains but so much more peace of mind.

8. Cheryl (Chet's Mom)....while she wasn't always the ideal mom, I am greatful I had a chance to know her and to be able to know the good in her. And I am also greatful that she thought of her boys with her life insurance....without the money she left behind, our business would not be what it is today so thank you Cheryl.... RIP.....we love you!

9. My Friends....I have been blessed to remain friends with the girls I met in 2nd grade and I love them all and I have met many new friends since then and you are all an essential part to my life and my sanity so thank you for being you! Mandy, Natalie, Monica, Amy, Kristin, Angie.....Love you all!!!

10. The laughter of my children....is there really any better sound in this world?!?!?

11. Chets family....while we don't see then nearly enough we love them all dearly...Chester, Doris, Stephen, Daniel and Alison, Nathan and Chris and Michelle.

12. My nieces and nephews....we have 6 nieces, 4 nephews and 1 great nephew and I enjoy every opportunity I have to spend with each and every one of them.

13. Money...we don't have an over abundance of it but we have enough and for that I am greatful.

14. My Ford Expedition....I did my time as a mini van mom and I am so glad to not be that any more.

15. Fertility....I am obviously blessed in that area and I have never taken that for granted....I can't imagine how hard it must be not to be able to start a family and I cherish the fact that I was able to easily have my babies.

16. A baby that is a perfect sleeper.....finally! I didn't do tough love so well so we ended up with kids in our bed a lot. I toughened up a little the 4th time around and he sleeps "like a baby" every night.

17. My video monitor.....it gives me such peace of mind since my baby is not in my room with me.

18. My handy man husband....he is a jack of all trades, if something is broke he can fix it. It saves us money and time not having to wait for someone.

19. Food....I wish I liked it just a little bit less but am greatful to always have plenty to feed my family. We try to eat together at the table every night and for that I am also greatful.

20. Modern technology....all the connections i've made on FB are incredible and would otherwise never have happened. The security of always having a cell phone on hand. The world at your fingertips via the internet. It's almost hard to believe that just 50 years ago none of it existed.

21. Our Military.....for all that they are and all that they do. They are heroes in my book... Thank You!

22. To all of our other heroes....doctors, nurses, teachers, police, medics, firefighters, volunteers and lets not forget all the moms and dads (or those raising someones elses kids as their own) who are good and loving to their children (most are but sadly too many are not) and to all the hard working good people who make this country and this world mostly an incredible place!


23. To be an american....something so often taken for granted, we have so much just by being american.

24. God... I am not someone who group up with organized religion but I have a deep deep faith and belief in God and I feel His prescence in my life daily and I am eternally greatful for all He has blessed me with.

25. My Life....I am truly truly blessed in so many ways, I have a happy life, happy marraige and happy children.....what more could one ask for.

No comments:

Blog Archive