Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Halloween!

Oh my goodness......it has been almost a whole month since I have posted on my blog, this just goes to show how busy our lives have been lately. Between football, volleyball and dance and all the other things.... I have had absolutely no free time at all.  Chet and I still haven't gone out for our anniversary!

Anyway, i'm just going to do one big old post with all of our halloween stuff.....pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins and the big day....of course!

We went to the Louisburg Cider Mill this year..................

The kids checked out the pumpkins......
 Evan sat on them, tried to pick them up and roll them over.....but none of them budged for him!
 We had some apple cider donuts and root beer for the kids.....those were some GOOD donuts!
 Then we headed down by the pumpkin patch, this was the first time we had gone here.....loved the donuts not super impressed with the pumpkin patch part!
 Sunday night (halloween eve), we carved pumpkins, this year the kids each picked a halloween pattern from a kit to trace and carve onto a pumpkin....the only problem is the grown ups ended up doing all the work and I liked last years how each pumpkin was unique to each kid. So I think we should stick to the drawing our own faces. Katelin did not like digging out the goop but Rylie loved it.
And here are our pumpkins..........

 The kids had school on halloween so the had their fall parties and in order to get around the "no halloween" in schools they have a word vocab parade and get to dress up as their word. I went back and forth between Rylie and Owens parties but not Katelin....she hung out with Rylie in her classroom the entire time!
 Just a picture I love of Katelin.....she is soooo pretty!!!
My kiddos ready to trick or treat....A zombie bride, GI Joe, Cinderella and my little monkey....

We headed over to Abby's house and Angie and I took the kids trick or treating.....normally Chet would be with us but the Chiefs were playing Monday Night Football so he stayed home to watch the game. He said he would go but we survived one year without him with us. We beat the San Diego Chargers 23-20 in overtime! Go Chiefs!

And just a quick side note....today would have been my Papa's birthday....so Happy Birthday Papa, we love you and miss you!!!

No comments:

Blog Archive